The Butler County Historical Society is actively collecting materials relating to the experiences of COVID-19 in the Butler County community. Please read the following terms and conditions before submitting your story.
- Any submitted materials will be made available to the public for research purposes. Your identity can be kept anonymous by not submitting your name, but any materials (stories, images, audio recordings, videos, etc., will be accessible.
- The Butler County Historical Society reserves the right to remove any content that is deemed inappropriate or is outside the scope of this project. The BCHS is not obligated to include your content in this project or preserve it in perpetuity.
- You may only submit material created entirely by you and not copied from or based, in whole or in part, upon any other photographic, literary, or other material, except to the extent that such material is in the public domain, or you have the permission of the copyright owner, or its use is allowed by “Fair Use” as prescribed by the terms of United States copyright law. If you would like to refer or nominate material that you do not own, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be 18 years of age or older to submit material. By submitting content through this form, you are granting the Butler County Historical Society permission to disseminate, preserve, and use that content in connection with its educational and research mission, including promotional purposes, in all media in perpetuity. You retain ownership of and copyright in the material you share.
- Submitted material must not violate any confidentiality, privacy, security, or other laws. Please be aware that all submissions and any information associated with the submissions (email address, descriptive information, etc.) may be provided to federal, state, or local law enforcement or other government agencies pursuant to a lawful subpoena or otherwise as required by law.
(Terms and conditions adapted from the Society of American Archivists, Documenting in Times of Crisis: A Resource Kit )